Support team members of the ASBS group in offering multiple small businesses and high net worth clients with ongoing professional bookkeeping services. Entry level position where you will learn QuickBooks, learn to prepare 1099’s and W-2’s/W-3’s and be the in-office contact for time sensitive client requests.
Employment Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current knowledge or desire to learn multiple QuickBooks editions, payroll and accounting processes and procedures.
- Comfortable with technology to enable you to work remotely with clients at their off-site locations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal staff and clients to build trust and gain referrals.
- Assist with special client accounting projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Assist co-workers and clients when needed; including but not limited to cross training on critical tasks.
- Manage time effectively to reach goals of Team, Department and Firm.
- Communicate clearly, consistently and effectively with not only your Team, but all within the Firm.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality required
- Detail-oriented with proven organizational and follow-up skills
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times; guided by the Firm Mission Statement.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to listen and act upon management requests.
- Enjoy working with varying personality types in a professional manner.
- Energetic, organized and motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Enjoy helping others and help them achieve their goals.
- Dependability, reliability and being comfortable asking for guidance on projects and learning project time management
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and unquestionable ethics
- Willing to travel and work at local client locations, with time flexibility to work with the client’s business hours and maintain a professional appearance appropriate for their work environment.
- Some experience in QuickBooks helpful, achieving ProAdvisor status within 1 year of hire date
- Midlevel Excel and Word skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook
BP has been recognized each of the past five years as one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today. In 2016, Inside Public Accounting recognized us as one of the “Top 200 Firms” and Puget Sound Business Journal gave us the “Corporate Citizenship” award for our philanthropic contributions. We gain these accolades in part because we care about our clients’ families and companies as if they were our own. We also believe work should be more than just a way to make a living; rather, we think the role of each of us in the firm should lend to our personal growth and fulfillment.
Berntson Porter offers a robust benefits package consisting of a competitive salary, company sponsored insurance benefits, ranging from medical, dental and vision to profit sharing, and a 401k package.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.